Inspiring Musical Imaginations
This day workshop will offer a framework for teachers across primary and secondary education to inspire and engage their students’ musical imaginations. The day will involve participating in, analysing and reformulating practical teaching activities, and offers teachers the opportunity to share practice and consider ways of raising student attainment in their age phase through the framework and activities presented.
- All teachers will work through teaching activities and adapt them for their own context, coming away with teaching plans and strategies for raising attainment across key stages.
- Secondary teachers will consider a range of assessment strategies and approaches, and how these integrate with whole school assessment mechanisms.
- Primary teachers will come away with a framework for supporting inclusion and transition into secondary music.
This day of training is part of the Tri-borough Music Hub’s termly commitment to workforce development of music educators across all phases. The day will be presented by the TBMH and will be led by:
– Dr. Jennie Henleyfrom Royal College of Music and;
– Dr. Ally Daubneyfrom University of Sussex / Incorporated Society of Musicians.
Downloadable PDF Agenda
The Music Hub supports the community of Tri-borough music educators through its team of experienced and qualified music teachers. The day will be highly practical to support the teaching of the Curriculum in Schools. The day is aimed at developing all music teachers whether specialist or non-specialist through a collaborative and supportive network.
• Free to ‘TBMH School Partners’ (state maintained schools, Free schools, and academies in Tri-borough area) signed up to this programme;
• £75pp to teachers from state maintained schools, Free schools, and academies in Tri-borough area; independent schools/schools outside TBMH area.